Our Vision/Mission Statement – To empower and invest in youth by providing collaborative health services and resources in a non-judgmental, inclusive, safe, welcoming, and culturally sensitive environment in order to create a healthier community.
Purpose – To empower and invest in youth in order to create a healthier community
Values – non-judgemental, inclusive, safe, welcoming, and culturally sensitive environment
Mission – providing collaborative health services and resources
Our Wellness Centre Team —
- Monica Kriese – Wellness Centre Coordinator/Shuswap North Okanagan Division of Family Practice
- Dr. Richard Currie – GP; Shuswap North Okanagan Division of Family Practice
- Dr. Liz Willms – GP; Shuswap North Okanagan Division of Family Practice
- Denise Butler & Shannon Hecker – Canadian Mental Health Association – Shuswap Revelstoke
- Terri Rousselle – Interior Health Mental Health and Addictions
- Erin Taylor & Kerrie Hollatz – Interior Health Public Health
- Ben Garrett – MCFD – Child and Youth Mental Health
- Lelaine Pukas – OPTIONS for Sexual Health
- Colleen Making – SAFE Society – PEACE Program
- Avril Paice – North Okanagan Boys & Girls Club
- Colette Mann – Parent with lived experience/Pharmacist advisor
- Katie Froese – 2nd year UBC med student (FLEX Project)
WHAT IS IT: A multidisciplinary health and wellness centre (A number of health services for mental, sexual, and physical health, as well as health promotion strategies) located in Room 143 in Salmon Arm Secondary Sullivan Campus.
WHAT IS IT INTENDED TO PROVIDE: A safe, culturally sensitive and comfortable setting for youth to seek care and engage with a multitude of health services, including Family Physicians, Public Health Nurses, Clinicians, Support Workers, Mental Health/Substance Use Supports and other community services and programs.
It is a place where students can be assessed, treated, and/or referred to other programs or services as needed. The centre will provide guidance in locating any services that aren’t provided at the Wellness Centre itself.
The Centre will be a hub for Wellness activities, workshops and connections – this includes with Salmon Arm Secondary staff, parents and caregivers
For information on events, monthly calendars, resources and more visit the Wellness Centre’s website at: sassullivanwellness.com