TEEN HOUSE is an off-campus Support Program for students requiring intensive supports beyond Salmon Arm Secondary-Jackson Campus classroom interventions. Enrollment at TEEN HOUSE is for grades 9 and 10 students.
Staff includes a teacher and an education support worker.
The program provides flexibility in programming, based on the needs of the student.
- · Half time at TEEN HOUSE
- · Full time at TEEN HOUSE
- · Blended – half time at Jackson and half time at TEEN HOUSE
Staff at TEEN HOUSE collaborate with District school counsellors, outside agencies (MCFD, CYSN, CYMH etc.), Salmon Arm Secondary-Jackson Campus staff, Indigenous support workers.
- Depending on student needs, TEEN HOUSE provides:
- Targeted skills for individuals as well as group lessons including:
- Zones of Regulation
- Social Thinking Curriculum
- Self-Awareness and Self-Regulation
- Focus on personal wellness
- Academic courses as well as support.
- Opportunity to work with a Family Liaison / Counsellor